- Full time
- 3+ years of experience as a Data Engineer. Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics or another quantitative field is preferred.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment, remote or in-office.
- Experience with data warehousing solutions such as: Google BigQuery, EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, Postgres or Cassandra.
- Ability to solve any ongoing issues with operating the cluster
- Proficiency with Hadoop v2, MapReduce, HDFS
- Experience with big data tools: Spark, Kafka, Hadoop, Pig, Hive, Impala etc.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, etc.
- Experience with integration of data from multiple data sources
- Knowledge of various ETL techniques and frameworks, such as Flume
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++ is a plus.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Select and integrate any Big Data tools and frameworks required to provide requested capabilities.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal ETL of data from various data sources.
- Monitor performance and advising any necessary infrastructure changes.
- Create & maintain optimal data pipeline architecture, define data retention policies.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, designing infrastructure for greater scalability.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Keep our data separated and secure across through multiple data centers.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
Company mission is to help e-retailers around the globe increase revenue through relevant, personalized email campaigns ‒ using the power of Machine Learning and BigData.
Here’s why working at Relevon is for you.
- You gain new skills and expand your skillset faster.
- You work in a forward-thinking startup environment.
- You take on new personal and professional challenges.
- You see your work directly impacting the product.
- You are on a fast-track to management positions.
- You are part of a dynamic and global team.
- You can get rewarded with stock options + other perks.